Saturday, June 6, 2015

Meet Genex National Account Consultant, Allison Wood

Genex is proud of its hard working employees. This month as we celebrate Dairy Month, we are going to feature just a few of our outstanding staff members.

Today we introduce you to Allison Wood from Vermont.


How did you get involved with Genex, and what is your role?
I am a national account consultant. I met a Genex employee when I was working on a farm in college. After graduating I spent a few months working on a farm but was ready to try something else. Genex was hiring and I felt, from my experience with them, it was a company I wanted to work for.

How does it feel to be part of the dairy industry?
The ups and downs of milk prices can be a little crazy, but I get to work with some of the smartest, most hard working people in the country.

What’s one thing you take pride in as a Genex team member?
I love that I can focus on long term relationships. When I go on a farm I am never trying to get a one-time sale. I am trying to build a relationship that will last for years.



Favorite go-to sire right now? Why?
1HO11545 LAWMAN-Across the board he is a great sire. He has good Milk, excellent Fat and Protein, high SCR, and is a great bull for heifers too.

Do you have a funny or memorable experience you would like to share from your time as a Genex employee?
I was having an in depth conversation with a producer on an old farm in Vermont. Vermonters tend to be French and short so everything in the barn was put in lower, I was telling him a story, and all of the sudden I walked right into the milk line, hard. He laughed at me for a while. It was really embarrassing.

White, chocolate or strawberry milk?
Chocolate

Favorite ice cream flavor?
What flavor is not my favorite? :)

Thanks Allison for giving us a glimpse into your life. Thank you for all you do for Genex and your customers. Now go enjoy your ice cream!

No comments:

Post a Comment