Monday, November 27, 2017

The Six Types of People at My Thanksgiving Dinner

Everyone on my Dad's side of the family gets together for one pretty amazing Thanksgiving celebration, but since my Dad is one of five children, and each one of his siblings had at least two children, who now have children of their own, it gets really loud and crazy! This year I found myself taking a good look around our very large gathering. Minus the toddlers, I think I can pretty much lump all of them into six categories.

The Farmer. You know the one who talks commodity pricing, eats and then immediately nods off. This year, due to unusual weather, the conversation also included how much corn still needed to come off.

The Retail Aficionado. These are the family members who bring the sale ads along and comb through every one, while making a detailed list of exactly what store, what time and in what order.



The Hunting Enthusiast. Thanksgiving falls during deer hunting season in Wisconsin, so there are plenty of photos and stories to share. When talk of deer hunting is exhausted, there are always bear, turkeys and ducks to talk about.

The Food Lover. This person may or may not be guilty of wearing stretchy pants to dinner!

The Ultimate Host. Takes your coat, your beverage order and shows you the snacks (are you kidding me, who needs snacks?) within the first 30 seconds of your arrival - all while tending to the gigantic dinner they will be serving in under 30 minutes.

The Football Fanatic. Be careful not to walk in front of the television, or you just might get scolded. It doesn't matter what teams are playing, these people are always interested.

So what does your Thanksgiving look like? Do you have a few more categories to add? What type are you?

No matter the types of people you had around your Thanksgiving table, hopefully you
were able to enjoy a good meal with great conversation. I know I am thankful for each and every one of those I am lucky enough to call my family. We may be different, but we can set our differences aside to enjoy each other's company. For this I am truly thankful!

No comments:

Post a Comment