Friday, July 20, 2018

Sometimes We Just Need to Look

I was really searching this week. Searching for inspiration. Maybe it was this summer cold I picked up, maybe it was the kids being done with summer school and driving me a little crazy. Whatever it was, time had come for me to take a deep breath, slow down and look at the beautiful world around me. This life is certainly not easy, but there are so many reasons we love it, sometimes we just need to spend a little time looking.

We were blessed with twin heifers to add to our little Jersey herd on Wednesday. The kids have had fun getting them out. Jess calls them her "little sweeties."

 Anyone who knows me knows I am not a cat fan, but I can appreciate their antics when I take the time to appreciate them.

 If you raise Jerseys, you know, they are always in some type of trouble, or looking for attention!

Today's much needed rain added beauty to the spinner,

and moisture to our knee high third crop

 and tasseling corn.

The rain also gave the bees a rare vacation day,

but it didn't stop the neighbor's turkeys from needing to be herded home. Good thing I have a little man who is up for the task.




Life is good indeed! That doesn't mean it isn't still hard, just that I remember why I chose this lifestyle. I am thankful that from time-to-time, when I need a pick-me-up, I am able to find the inspiration I need just by taking the time to look.

No comments:

Post a Comment